Thursday 19 March 2015

Outfit of the Day: City Chic



























Hey guys!

As you guys know, I have mentioned earlier my school is still on strike. York University is making headlines at this point with the violence, disruption it is bringing to the community. I am not affected as much as some other students are; as some faculties have not resume their classes. My program is mostly taught by full-time contract professors that have been teaching for several years and they do most of the marking of my exams and assignments since my classes are relatively small. I hope the university and the strike members come to a fair agreement eventually as several students are affected.

I have not mention this yet yet but I am beyond excited, so excited that I recently got concert tickets for my favourite artist Madeon or Hugo Pierre Leclercq! He is a French Electronic artist and his music is so fresh and unique. Madeon has released a couple of singles from his highly anticipated album Adventure that will be available soon, and the songs are so good I have been listening to all his songs on repeat. I feel his songs play in a certain chronological order, I feel the song "You're On" is the first song I listen to when I leave to go outside or when I am starting the day. Which reflects to go seek for new adventures, being optimistic and looking beyond the ordinary. Then while I am commuting on the subway I listen to "Pay No Mind" which I feel it means to not worry what others think and go for it, go set out to do your own thing. While I am on my way home, I listen to "Home" which is reminiscent of what I have left and basically returning to the place I am most comfortable being in.  The crazier thing is, he is the same age as me, he is 20. What? He is so talented and I came to appreciate his work and what he has done with the music videos as well. Hugo came up with a language, "Madeon Alphabet, Google it, and he implanted some letters, phrases and symbols throughout his music videos which goes beyond the typical music video I have skimmed through. The music videos take on as a trilogy and continues from the other and I am definitely looking forward to what happens next. He will be having his show on May 8 and I will definitely take photos and keep you guys updated about that day.

Anyways about the outfit, it was centered around my new coat I picked up from the thrift store. This is definitely a gem since it is a coat from Holt Renfrew, it is made out of wool and camel hair, what? I wanted to have an effortless chill outfit and paired it with my black denim with knee slits, my black and white graphic tee, not just any graphic tee; it is chiffon material which makes the tee a lot more luxurious I feel. To jazz up the whole outfit, I topped it off with a bedazzled gem beanie which just makes any neutral outfit pop. Here is the look, enjoy :)














































| What I Wore |
| Tan Coat | Thrifted
| Black & White Graphic Chiffon Tee | Forever21
| Black Denim w/ Knee Slits | Forever21 & DIY
| Gem Beanie | Aldo
| Shoes | Vans 

No comments:

Post a Comment