Friday 22 May 2015

Outfit of the Day: Mixing Black and White Prints




Hey guys!

I find it rather odd that for this spring season black and white is trending. Also it is a relief from those floral prints we get every spring season for the past couple of years. Admittedly, I got pretty sick of those typical florals and pastel coloured silhouettes that filled every aisle of the department store. I decided for today's outfit is to pattern mix. This time I chose a different route and that was to take two completely different patterns still remaining in the same colour scheme. When it comes to pattern mixing in that sense, you need to be aware of the magnitude or the size of the pattern relative to the other pattern. I decided to pattern mix with my bold chevron skirt, I found the chevron print to be quite large relative to my polka dot crop top. You don't want to pair two ensembles that have the same size in pattern or else it becomes overwhelming; hence the two patterns are competing with one another. That is a tip I utilize when styling various prints together into one look. Anyways here is what I came up with for today's look :) And of course since it is Friday, I hope all of you guys have a lovely weekend. For those of you who live in Toronto or visiting Toronto for the weekend, I recommend checking out Doors Open, it is a great event that is taking place during the weekend. It gives you the opportunity to walk into places that are usually closed to the public, but here's your chance to check it out. The website has some recommended locations to check out, and let me tell you there is several gems in the city; when you go inside there are some things you will discover you will never expect to find. I will let you guys know in the next post what I've come across. As for the time being, I have to get going as I am preparing for a wedding for tonight. But I'll make sure to update you guys with everything as it is a busy weekend for me.










| What I Wore |
| Faux Leather Jacket | H&M
| Polka Dot Crop Top | Forever21
| Black Beanie | H&M
| Chevron Skirt | Stitches Online
| Gold Buckle Black Belt | Urban Planet
| Shoes | Vans 


No comments:

Post a Comment