Wednesday 20 May 2015

Outfit of the Day: Warm Velvet




Hey guys!

So I decided to style my red velvet top I thrifted recently. I absolutely love velvet, the fabric just gives so much life to any basic outfits because of its luminescent properties. It shines as you walk the streets on a sunny day and that is probably why it is one of my favourite materials. I actually went to the thrift store and picked up at least five velvet related clothing items, which of course I do not need them all. So I ended up choosing two only, a black velvet button-up shirt and a plain red velvet top. I already have two velvet dresses and a velvet skirt at home, so you can understand the addiction is real. You do not need to do much when styling velvet items, the items themselves are bold so I decided to keep accessories minimal and played around with the colour scheme. I love how burgundy, beige and white look together so I decided to style all three colours in one. Since it was a bit chilly in Toronto I decided to pair my chunky oatmeal coloured cardigan for extra warmth and a white skater skirt to stay in that colour scheme. Here is the outfit :)














































| What I Wore |
| Red Velvet Top | Thrifted
| White Skater Skirt | Sirens
| Oatmeal Cardigan | Stitches Online
| Necklace | Brandy Melville
| Shoes | Vans 

No comments:

Post a Comment